A Respect for Tradition with a History of Innovation
Our heritage began with the founding of Mason-McDuffie Real Estate in 1887. Generations of San Francisco Bay Area residents have relied on the service, integrity and proven ability of our real estate specialists.
Joseph Mason founded the company, opening a one-man real estate and insurance business with offices in Berkeley and San Francisco. After Duncan McDuffie joined Mr. Mason in 1905, the company pioneered the “planned unit development” concept, creating the beautiful Claremont, Northbrae and St. Francis Wood residence parks. Utilizing the talents of such distinguished local architects as John Galen Howard, Henry Gutterson, and the firm of Omstead Brothers, Mason-McDuffie garnered awards and national attention for their innovative use of green belts, contoured roads and underground utilities.
In 1997, Mason-McDuffie joined the Prudential Real Estate Network, and in 2010, transitioned back to its roots as Mason-McDuffie, aligned with Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate™. In 2012, the company is 26th largest real estate services firm in the nation, and fourth overall throughout the entire Bay Area.
- Offices in 30 locations
- Over 1,200 Sales Associates
- $3 billion in sales volume in 2013
- More than 5,900 transactions in 2013
- Named 26th Largest Real Estate Company in the U.S. (REALTrends) in 2012
Our Clients Realize Many Benefits
- Maximum Internet exposure for listings that attract interested buyers
- Distribution of Open Homes to major websites, including Trulia, Frontdoor, bhghome.com, Realtor.com
- Online file access that provides real-time transaction status
- Electronic signatures on all contracts, maximizing efficiency
- Timely market data
- Neighborhood report emails that keep you up to date on sale activity
Family of Services
Working with affiliated partners, we provide the most efficient real estate transactions in the industry. Our network-wide partners include:
Land Home Financial
Fidelity Home Warranty
Fidelity National Title
Market Areas Served
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Mason-McDuffie serves the following Northern California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Solano, Napa, Lake, Sonoma, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Sacramento, Nevada, El Dorado, and Placer.
Nationwide Referral Network
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Mason-McDuffie assists hundreds of buyer and seller referrals through our extensive corporate contacts and our relationships with top real estate companies nationwide. Our award-winning Relocation Department offers the following personalized services:
- Home Finding Assistance
- Home Marketing/Sales Assistance
- Inventory Management
- Temporary Housing
- Financing Assistance
A Leader in Real Estate Technology
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Mason-McDuffie is widely recognized as one of the most innovative real estate companies in the nation. We introduced the industry’s first fully integrated, web-based technology platform, enabling our sales associates to provide consumers with real-time information from anywhere in the world. Our resource-rich environment ensures our sales associates are more productive and delivers greater service to our clients.
Our joint venture partners include:
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Bahay Co.
- Better Homes and Gardens Tri-Valley Realty
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Highland Partners
- Wine Country Group by Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
- Better Homes and Gardens Leading Edge Properties
- Ventura Barnett
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Mason-McDuffie
1555 Riviera Avenue, Suite E
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Phone: (925) 924-4600
Fax: (925) 924-1852
Named 26th Largest Real Estate Company in the U.S. (REALTrends) in 2012.
Harris / Nielsen 2015 Real Estate Agency of the Year
We are 31st in the Real Trends list for 2013.